Thursday 26 May 2016

Hello Parents!

       I hope all of your children are working diligently this week on their Media Literacy Commercial/Poster project!  I can't wait to see what they invent and how they market it to a variety of audiences!  Students have approached me with questions such as "Does it have to be realistic?" and my answer to this in short is yes.  That meaning, your child has to be able to explain HOW it works and why it serves a useful purpose in our daily lives.  So, say something like a time machine, would not be a good choice.  A clothing hanger with an extra long neck, however, serves a simple but remarkable useful purpose for shorter people!  

         All information needed was on the information sheets I sent home a couple of weeks ago containing criteria and a rubric.  Please let me know if you need this information again.

Image result for images of spinner gamesCoach Wilson

SECRET QUESTION:  If you get 10 spins, how often would you expect to land on red if using this spinner to the right?  Make a reasonable estimate based on probability.